My Visual Studio solution have been plagued with Intellisense errors for months! My WPF designer can’t display the UI because of errors such as code not existing in namespaces but builds totally fine. If you are also having these problems, then I may have a solution for you below.
How to fix Intellisense Errors in Visual Studio
- Close all of your Visual Studio instances.
- Open ‘Run’ and go to ‘%localappdata%\Microsoft\VisualStudio\’.
- You should see numbered folders such as 14.0, 15.0, 16.0 and so on with different variations. Open the folder that corresponds to your Visual Studio version, go to Designer, and you should see a folder named ShadowCache.
- Open the ShadowCache folder and delete all the contents of that folder.
- Open your Visual Studio and rebuild your solution.
Note: If you don’t know the correct folder for your Visual Studio version, open every numbered folder and delete the contents of the ShadowCache folder.
Hopefully, this should also fix your issue.